Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Rich mullins Concert Part #12

Duration: 09:28 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-07-11 20:35:00
User: marcosagostos
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

Rich  Mullins  Christian  Concert  Jesus  

Description:

This is the part #12 of a concert that Rich Mullins did in Lufkin, Texas. Some excerpts from this concert made it to the homeless man video also available on You Tube. This was the last concert tour that he did before he passed on. Edit: 7/11/2007 I responded to an email that I received, but after thinking about it, I decided that everyone should read it to know where things are at. Thank you everyone for your patience and I apologize for dropping the ball on this one. I will pick it up again soon. I was not at the concert there, but I did actually go to a later one. This concert (on you tube) was taped about 8 weeks before he died I think and I went to a concert 2 weeks later in Northville, Michigan. Actually, he only performed once more in Chicago and then he was no longer with us. I was struck by how tired Rich looked even before he said something. By the time I saw him, he wasn't singing as much and the other guys were moving in closer to help pick up the slack. His voice was a bit scratchy and haggard. He looked more beaten than I had ever seen him. I was able to see him about a half a dozen times throughout the years and it was neat to watch the transition of his concerts. He wasn't a great musician who talked about Jesus; he was someone who was willing to be used by God who happened to be a musician. I hope to post the last part of the concert in the next few weeks. Video transition takes a lot of space and I was just able to get more hard drive space to accomplish this. Because this isn't the only project have on my computer, other things take a bit more precedence. If you ever get a chance, listen to a song by Mitch McVicker called "New Mexico." It was the last song Rich performed on and how poetic to "wrap it up," if you will. As always, Be God's, Mark

Comments

efarmdog ::: Favorites  2007-10-23 23:29:42

Yes, as a matter of fact, I heard a broadcast dedicated to Rich on the Top 20 Countdown with John Rivers (I think that was it, maybe not that exact title and name) and when Rich was asked why he rewrote "Elijah" he responded "because nobody listened". Haha, he wrote it again because no one listened the first time. I thought that was great.
__________________________________________________
madtypr ::: Favorites  2007-10-20 16:18:00

Thanks so very much for posting these videos - they're wonderful! I was never fortunate enough to see Rich in concert, I sure wish I had. I very much look forward to hearing him in Heaven.
__________________________________________________
MDinPhilly ::: Favorites  2007-10-16 23:47:01

"Elijah" was the song and I think it was "re-released" when "Songs" came out. I had never heard it until then, and I believe it was the last song released/promoted as a single before he died. Even more interesting, the chorus asks "I want to go out like Elijah, with a whirlwind to fuel my chariot of fire". Elijah was there one moment, and in the next moment the chariot took him away. I think that is a poetic translation of Rich's death, as I understand the circumstances.
__________________________________________________
bELLU50 ::: Favorites  2007-10-07 01:51:22

WHAT AN AMAZING MUSICIAN AND MAN GOD!!! I can't wait to get to Heaven and Him being one of the many people I will meet.
__________________________________________________
marcosagostos ::: Favorites  2007-07-21 12:18:02

The odd thing about that song is that it was on his first album and yet it rang truer the day he died than the day he wrote it. I guess it's one of those universal truths. This world will beat youup and spit you out and none of that really matters in light of what is waiting.
__________________________________________________
JujuViolet ::: Favorites  2007-07-21 02:12:21

Thank you for this concert. You have not dropped any ball, just have a part (9) to go. All of your work is super. I, too, noticed how haggard he looked, and in one of his album songs he sings, " my heart is aging, I can tell." Curious, isn't that? Thanks again
__________________________________________________
sara1997 ::: Favorites  2007-07-15 16:45:45

I enjoyed Rich's IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL very much...thank you so much for this video!God bless!
__________________________________________________
TarSpartan ::: Favorites  2007-07-14 01:17:43

Great stuff! It's a shame we never heard a "classic gospel" album from Rich.
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

Kuwait Olympic team vs Qatar Olympic team
Christian Singing "Gone"
Record mondiale 100 metri piani a Asafa Powell
AFI Miss Murder Live (I Heard A Voice)
my beautiful girl ep.2 *zashley story*
Awesome truck art
Sweetwater Mustangs
life of a film student
Bite to Break Skin - Gaara Tribute
Otoe(sax) at HADOWS-OSAKA on 6.FEB
e e cummings
Pene Drive
MythBuster "Busters"
RA/GS Joint OP Oct. 5
NBA Fashion
Cheeky Angel (TnK) - Grand Blue (First Opening)
born to be alive
WAF: The Plastiqa Interview
3 Character Emblems! VOTE!
HCW First Promo.


 

No comments: